The holidays are here and with temperatures dropping, now is the perfect time to heat things up. Whether your streets are covered in snow or still sandy from the beach, nothing screams holiday like a mug of something sweet. So head to the kitchen to whip up our quick and easy Healthy Holiday Hot Cocoa. With nutritional alternatives it’s the guilt-free way to curb those seasonal cravings!
Follow along with the pictures and instructions below for a step-by-step guide to making yours at home. Also, be sure to tag us in all of your healthy holiday treat pictures on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #TreatswithTYR. We can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!
Things You’ll Need:
- 2 Cups of almond milk (We chose unsweetened vanilla.)
- 1 Tbsp. of cacao
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. of organic honey
- ½ Tsp. of cinnamon
- Measuring tools
- Holiday mugs (Optional, of course.)
- Marshmallows / candy canes / cinnamon sticks (Also optional- These are not all healthy, but they do make for great decoration!)
Step by Step Instructions:
- To begin heat your almond milk on the stove until it is at a desired warmth. It should never boil.
- Add all of your ingredients (except for marshmallows, candy canes, cinnamon sticks etc.) into the blender for between 30 seconds and a minute.
- Pour your hot cocoa into a fun holiday mug, and feel free to garnish with additional treats.