Thanksgiving is on its way, and we are definitely excited to enjoy all of the savory spreads that accompany this very filling holiday.
However, getting back out there after a big meal (or two) can be pretty tough. So, it’s super important to have light, healthy snacks before and after your next workout.
Enter the TYR No Bake Granola Bar.
Packed with great taste, texture and good-for-you ingredients, this fall inspired treat is exactly what you need to get in the post holiday swing. Whether it’s a swim, bike ride, run or yoga class, these quick and easy bars are the perfect snack. Plus, they require no baking! Follow along with the pictures and instructions below for a step-by-step guide to making them at home. Also, be sure to tag us in all of your healthy holiday treat pictures on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #TreatswithTYR. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Ingredients and Tools You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup of dried plums
- ¼ Cup of honey (You can also substitute this with agave.)
- 1 Cup of chopped, unsalted almonds
- ¼ Cup of natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 ½ Cups of rolled oats
- Chocolate chips (Chips can be added at will, so amounts may vary.)
- Parchment paper
- Food processor (We used a Ninja Pulse.)
- 8×8 Pan or dish
- Fridge or freezer for hardening (Time inside may vary- assume around 20 minutes.)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Pour 1 cup of dried plums into the food processor, processing them until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Place oats, chopped almonds, chocolate chips and plums into a bowl.
- Warm honey and almond butter in a smaller bowl using the microwave or in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Stir and pour over the oat mixture, making sure all ingredients are dispersed throughout.
- Line your 8×8 pan with parchment paper, and transfer the mixture there.
- Spread the mixture evenly throughout the pan, flattening it thoroughly.
- Cover the pan with a second layer of parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until the mix has hardened.
- Remove the mix from the pan, chopping it into even sized bars.
- Store granola bars in an airtight container to ensure freshness.